Thread: Berger: Luongo To Toronto? Part II
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 02:52 AM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Maybe the Canuck faithful can share with me the expected return for Luongo, just so I know what I would be turning down.

Personally, if I had to trade for Luongo, I'd expect MacA, Scrivens and a 2nd round pick.
Fans don't make the trades, GM's do. We could argue this back and forth all day. Toronto fans will want to buy low, Vancouver fans want to sell high obviously.

The question I have is, what does Burke do to save his job in Toronto? Burke knows he's getting a .910+ guy year in and out. Despite his over-hyped meltdown games vs Boston and Chicago, he's actually maintained his save % in the playoffs as well and managed 4 SO's in Vancouver's 2011 playoffs. Consider that he's done that without ever having a bona-fide #1 D-man in front of him.

He gave up his first rounder for Kessel, a guy he knows would put up 30+ goals per year, which turned into the #2 pick. Does he give up his #5 pick in what I've heard is a weak draft to get him? Look back at Burke's trading history as Vancouver's GM to see what he does with his picks. He throws away 2nd rounders like they are going out of style.