View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 09:17 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Ennis is better and has proven more in the NHL than both Wilson and Bailey.
Really?

92 pts in 140 GP isn't that much better than Wilson's 84pts in 185 GP.

Bailey was rushed to the NHL by the Isles, much like Connolly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
A package featuring a more proven young talent like Ennis is probably more enticing to PIT than one featuring Bailey or Wilson, who both have been scapegoats at times/in their coach's doghouse for their respective clubs.

Ennis has proven more in the NHL than Schenn. That parallel doesn't make sense to me - Schenn was a top prospect, not a commodity already on the team.

Maybe I'm overvaluing Ennis' trade value and undervaluing Staal's. I don't think I am.
Ennis is on the uptick, but I doubt many around the league view Ennis as a "proven NHLer" like the Sabres do.

Ennis finished this season with 29 pts in 30gp. But, he only had 5pts in his first 18 GP this season.

Another factor is all around game and size. Ennis is undersized and that will depress his trade value a bit in the eyes of a lot of GMs. Just look at the Kassian for Hodgson deal as an example of size being an asset when trades happen.

Ennis has upside and a ton of offensive talent. But, I do believe you are valuing him more than people outside of Buffalo do.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote