Thread: News Article: Next years Phantoms
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
hovinens hip sugery has me already thinking bust, id hate to see them go into the season with question marks in goal. id say signing a veteran with some nhl experience should be a priority. playing heeter down in trenton with (as i suspect) injury callups.

with schenn and reed pretty much locks to play for the flyers i have questions on who is going to score goals for this team. pither and wellwood struggled and im hoping the addition of mangene,akeson and ranford can improve this area.

the lower end guys were the strength of the team yet surprisingly struggled on the pk. holmstrom wellwood rowe all coming back. id be surprised to see testuide return. oddly i think shelly could be a valuable addition here.

walker is pretty much the only d-man guaranteed to return. with spots available on the flyers im still unsure of who comes out of camp next year out of gus, bourdon, and bart. manning, kessel and lauridson should round out this group nicely but im not sure theres an ace there even at the ahl level.

improving this team will do wonders for develoment i think. you cant have a losing atmosphere and expect guys to bide thier time contentedly.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote