View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
how accurately can you scout a player that is still 4 years away from his NHL draft?
you know you can do it pretty good...after years of scouting you can compare him with others who came up...look at his intagibels...of course there are going to be guys who fall because bad decisions on route or bad situation with team or they are just lazy or top out early...then you will have guys who develop better than expected or smaller players who grow more than what you think they might...but you can get a jist up to 4 years away, and go with that...each year you will be taking players out and adding new ones in then when draft time actually comes you can get a pretty good list.

For scouting wise well it would be my job with my team to speculate these players projectability so for me or anyone wanting to be a scout it is a must to not be scared to make these calls and to watch carefully because we have to project these guys years down the road, if you know what you are looking for you can get a really good read on these guys on how they probably will turn out.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote