View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Oak
Tank for an ALLSTAR

vCash: 50
Just read a few pages of the first thread and it is pretty exciting to see other people who went through the same situation that I did. I never did hockey, but did a lot of roller blading as a kid. I got my son on the ice this winter as something we can do together, and he picked it up so fast and then got interested in hockey that he is now in an atoms program.

I now find myself slowly getting more and more addicted by the sport. I bought a helmet so I can do stick and puck with him, and now have been working on my hockey stops. I find that I really want to learn as much as I can about the sport so I can help him. If I had more money and free time I would probably consider joining a mens beginner league, but considering I have 3 kids and the younger two now want to do hockey as well, I am going to have to start saving.

What a wonderful and exciting sport though. When I am on the ice with him doing stick & puck I cant explain how exciting it is to fly down the ice at speed chasing a puck. Man I wish my parents would have gotten me into this as a boy.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote