View Single Post
Old
03-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Capt Reynolds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
It's hard to say, but I would seriously consider sitting him against the Panthers so that he's rested and primed for the huge points against Montreal and Tampa.

The thing about waiting for him to have an off night, then resting him the next game, is that that could well be throwing away 4 points, the game he falters in and the game he sits. If you choose to start your backup against a weaker opponent, then you still have the chance to take two points. If you wait, then when he needs a rest you don't know who the opponent will be. What happens if he burns out against TB, and then we sit him against Montreal? That right there could kill the season.
Florida is the only game in the upcoming schedule I would even consider sitting him. The games are just too important. I know he has tired when overplayed in the past, but at some point he will need to play loads of consecutive games if we make the playoffs and advance. This is essentially our playoffs right now. If he looks sharp in practice I think you just can't afford to sit him, we need every single point, and Snow has looked weak at best since coming back from his injury.