View Single Post
Old
11-21-2003, 11:43 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser
that was before the season, wasn't it? everything i had heard about gleason before the season was that he was overrated and would need lots of ahl seasoning.
As far as I'm concerned, he could still use it. I think the Kings were expecting Grebs to make it out of camp and have Gleason developing in Manchester. But as it turned out, Grebs still needs some time getting used to the NA game and Miller was out with an injury so Gleason was pressed into service. By the time Miller came back, Gleason was playing pretty well so they kept him on board. It remains to be seen if he can keep it up all year as rookies often go thru a lull after about the 20th game.

As long as he maintains quality defense and doesn't worry about trying to put points up on the board, he'll be servicable on this team. But I think that Gleason would not make the roster of most other contending teams. He should be down in Manchester, but as the cards fell he landed in LA and I'm hoping he makes the most of it.

I'm on the Gleason bandwagon because I think it is remarkable any time a 20 year old makes an NHL roster. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. He still has a lot of developing to do.