View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
why would they? the evil empire has the Celts broadcasts and they all love hoops, and as far as TSH the station has hockey fans in their back pocket and they have been making obvious overtures to hoops fans to also make the jump to them. Once in awhile Felger gets fresh and says basketball sucks but they still all talk about it. How in the world that compares to being shat upon and/or ingnored for literally decades needs to be explained.
All a matter of perspective.

To be honest, I don't listen to WEEI ever, since I stream 98.5 through my iPhone and when I'm in the car. I don't know how much, if at all, they talk hoop.

I do know that 98.5's extent of basketball talk is White Boy Wednesday with T&R. On top of that, you have Felger & Mazz "servicing" the NBA fans for 3 minutes at a time, and then going back to the topic du jour. I can't recall a time where there was an extended segment about the NBA in all of the time I've spent listening to this station.

I would also argue that Felger's antics around basketball ("servicing the NBA fans", etc) is akin to the hockey talk segment that we all hated so much on the other station. I do feel that he ***** on NBA fans, just like NHL fans were shat on for years.

Doesn't bother me too much as I hate the NBA, just find it an interesting parallel. Are we doing to NBA fans what we as NHL fans were so disturbed by before the Hub came around?