View Single Post
Old
03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Seph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesdabus
Yeah well I rather lose with DiPi in there then watch Snow give up 4 soft goals on 6 shots. Now is not the time to be scared but its time to lay it all on the line. We need to stop cuddling DiPi so much....whats everybody afraid of? Here we are with a golden opportunity...the best run in I don't know how long and people want to pull the plug...why? because DiPi might be tired.

Let him stay in until he gets tired.

Frankly it would be nice to see what this kid is made of. It would be a nice test. We should also stop seeing fatigue as some kind of fatal desease...If he gets tired then he can rest.

We should only use Snow if we don't have anyother choice. Why create a situation or a scenario that says we have to use Snow?
And what is your obsession with fatigue being a some kind of a sissy excuse?

Sure, let's buck the strategy of every coach in the league for the past several decades, because you want Dipietro to prove something. While we're at it, why do pitchers only play part of games in the MLB and they don't even play every game. They should play all game every game, or they are sissies. If Dipietro was a REAL man, he'd play every night and never let a goal in, that he can't just proves he's not a REAL man.

If he gets tired during a game, and then needs rest and if you feel that Snow is a guaranteed loss, then you've now lost two games rather than just the one. Even if Snow loses to the Panthers, that's still better than the two losses, and you get to pick that the guaranteed loss is to a team that is much less important to beat. It also increases the risk of injury to Dipietro, which would kill the season for us as surely as a bullet and could have repercussions on his development.

What am I afraid of? I'm afraid that someone trying to prove something costs us a chance at making the playoffs. Shaw should do the smart thing and if he thinks either Dipietro needs the rest, or that he can get away with starting Snow against the Panthers, then he should definitely do it.