Thread: Line Combos: 2012 Playoff Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM
We Want the Cup 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
There's no evidence that Silfverberg is better than Butler. He has a higher ceiling, but it's not evident that he's better right now given that he's played 1 NHL game.

And I say this as a person who is not a fan of Butler's. But with Butler, he is use to the size of the ice, he knows the system, he knows the NHL style of play, and he knows his teammates. It's unrealistic to expect Silfverberg to make all the adjustments needed in 5 days.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Silfverberg will play tonight, as the team wants to get a long look at him and use the playoffs to accelerate his adjustment to the NHL game. We all also know that Murray is very, very infatuated with him, so he wants to see what he has in Silfverberg.
Maclean decides who is in, not Murray.

I don't think the decision to play Silfverberg is to accelerate his adjustment to the NHL game. The coaches feel he is the best option to help the team win.

If he does falter again, they will probably just shorten the bench since its must win situation. No different if it were Butler or Stone in.

Let's hope for a W tonight, Go Sens

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote