View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Staal comes in and instantly takes Roy's minutes. He becomes the all-situations go-to center that Roy has been for much of his time post-co captains. He and Pominville would be on the ice together in all situations (something that is very enticing to me). They'd form a formidable PK pair and a solid combination on the PP and at ES (both would lead forwards with ~22 minutes a game). They would also be our critical-minutes hogs.

I reckon Ruff would continue to groom Hodgson on the penalty kill and he'll also see time on the PP and at ES. I'm sure Kevyn Adams has already begun working on faceoffs with him. He'll likely play around 18/19 minutes a night.

Ennis becomes a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. He'd see time on the PP and get good minutes at ES, topping out at around 17 a night.

How are people claiming that this wouldn't make sense for Buffalo?

ES forward lines:
Leino-Staal-Pominville
Vanek-Hodgson-Tropp
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Gerbe-Ellis-Kaleta

PP forward lines (or some variation of):
Vanek-Staal-Pominville
Ennis-Hodgson-Stafford

PK forward lines (Ruff typically uses three):
Staal-Pominville
Hodgson-Kaleta
Some combination of Ellis, Stafford, Gerbe and Tropp. Would typically get neutral-zone starts.
just upgrade Ellis with a better PK/Faceoff guy like McClement, and that forward core is a thing of beauty....

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote