View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
IF he didn't make any friends close enough to root for in the last 4 years it's a pretty good indication of what kind of person he is. I've never met the guy and it's pure speculation but wouldn't you think he has at least 3 or 4 REALLY close friends on the team?
He said that he does in the article.

Quote:
"To be honest with you, I could care less if they win or lose. Some guys on that team I played with, I'll always consider friends. But whether they win or not, it means nothing to me."
The guy is obviously bummed out and has a lot of pride so I doubt he wants to admit he was hurt by the situation. He is going into a weird situation playing for the worst team in the league after he signed a long term deal to commit to the Kings (Kings tattoo) and the worst team in the league just happen to be in the same city in his college team's arch rival. I mean really, what is the guy supposed to say? "I'm bummed out about the trade and now I'm in Columbus but I guess I'll just have to suck it up and play here.. I really don't have a choice". How do you guys think Columbus fans would react if he said that?

I don't really care that Lombardi traded him because all I want is the Kings to do well and Jack clearly struggled in LA for the most part. His game was a rollercoaster ride. But it is kinda ****** that Jack got the Kings tattoo and DL trades him the first year into his deal. And that is exactly how I felt about the Visnovsky deal as well. But I'm not going to feel bad for a guy making $4m a year to play a game. It just is a bit shady or hypocritical on DL's part to make that move.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 04-26-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote