View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Rhett4
Say no to Ekblad

vCash: 500
I watched at least half the games Luke played in Rochester after his demotion, and I'm confident in asserting that he's done with this organization. He was downright awful. It's one thing to be a bit snake-bitten on the scoring side of things, particularly after suffering a big blow to your ego by getting bussed down I90. But if you can't score, at least do something. Use your big body, finish your checks, work your ass off in the corners like Matt Ellis does. Instead, he floated for the most part, and my brother and I took to calling him Lazy Luke.

He's too slow to play center, and there's no room for him in Buffalo on LW with Vanek, Leino, Gerbe, and now Foligno already there. (I could argue Gerbe's also possibly on the outs with Foligno's emergence and the fact that Leino is untradeable.)

Adam's also not physical enough for a fourth line role (by a country mile). Therefore, I think the Sabres need to send him off as part of a package deal before the rest of the league catches onto the fact he might not be as blue-chip as we once thought. He has an AHL ROY and some goals in the NHL. Hopefully it counts for something to someone...

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote