View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Bone for your jar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Haven't listened to the radio all day, but let me guess:

Losing in the first round, second round, second round, (LETS IGNORE THE FREAKING STANLEY CUP), first round = bad team. Blame the owners. Bruins can't close at home. Chara isn't a leader. Krejci is soft. Julien worst coach ever.

Am I close?
Not really. I listened to most of F&M today, and the tone was nothing like pre-Cup. Felger knows he's been shown wrong on many counts already, and has really tempered his criticisms.

He says Julien is a good coach, but like other coaches, has shortcomings. Julien's particular shortcoming, acc. to Felger, is a tendency to passivity (e.g., putting emphasis on not getting scored on during the PP). Hunter's Caps, themselves trained to sit back in a shell, brought this tendency out in Julien (and by extension the players).

I heard no blaming of ownership. I heard nothing about "can't close at home", "Chara not a leader". Felger said point blank they proved him wrong on this already. Instead, he, quite reasonably if you ask me, reviewed the series and talked about how the B's need to improve to get to the next level, i.e., to be a perennial contender (which he defined as getting to the ECF, or maybe deep into the ECSF against a tough team, for a few years in a row). He didn't question the B's effort. He just said they just played without that "edge" they showed last year. And he also said that neither Lucic nor Krejci are top-line guys, and this is something Chia will need to look at.

Middle-of-the-road opinions delivered in a middle-of-the-road tone. I disagreed with some of his points, but they didn't feel like the kind of simplistic characterizations he routinely pulled prior to the Cup.