View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I can't agree with you more. On the matter with Harding, I can't see any team giving him a long-term contract out of the gate. Just doesn't make sense. My 2 years/2.8 to 3.25 a year could be extended to 3 years. It gives him time to prove himself without us taking a huge hit in the pockets (cheaper than Rolie).At that price range even if he busts, he would still be an reasonable priced back-up. The most I could justify for him would be 3.5-3.7 a year. After that 4-5 could probably net us Thomas or Vokoun for a year. I really would not prefer to give up on Tik and Janus either, couple more years at least one of them is ready to shine. Why bury them with a long term #1 now like Lou, or signing Harding 5-6 years+ without seeing how far they develop in a couple of seasons. Never know we might have a Lou/Schneider situation in a couple of seasons.
Yup, agreed. When it comes down to it, I think Harding is the best option overall.

Some food for thought:
Vokoun's career #'s: 2.55 GAA, save% .917
Luongo's career #'s: 2.52 GAA, save% .919

Both very good, and very close.

It should be noted though that I'm sure Yzerman has a much larger list of criteria than what any of us have. Simply looking at numbers doesn't tell everything about a player. Vokoun and Luongo play very different styles, if Yzerman determines that Luongo's play style is a perfect match for Tampa's system then he might go with Lou.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote