View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
I believe it is....Also, a lot of people can only base their arguments on numbers (including Cups). If you lived through the era Bobby Hull played in there was little doubt he was the best player in the league in the 60s before Orr came in.
Ya, I agree that for some (myself included) it may well be revisionist, and having lived through the era absolutely, Hull was the brightest Star in the league. If youd asked me as a 10yr old back then which of the two Id have picked as being "superior", no question it wouldve been #9. As one matures & learns things about the game, we often "revise" our opinions on such matters. Therefore, "upon revision" comparing these two players over-all "team play" I think Beliveaus' was superior, more well rounded, better leadership, much more successful obviously. Though that in and of itself opens the door to even further speculation & debate in terms of Chicago's player personnel, Coaching, Management & Scouting weaknesses of the era. They seemed to have had all of the ingredients to have won a lot more Cups', yet repeatedly fell short....

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote