View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
blackcell
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausername1 View Post
We weren't that bad a while ago but this past season wasn't all that great...
we got socks through the team; the pants, helmets, and gloves are all black so we buy them ourselves. If some can afford it they buy custom black and orange gloves and we all buy some UT stickers from the bookstore and slap them on the helmet- like I said, we're pretty poor.
It was my first year playing this season (and playing ice hockey ever!) so I'm definitely the bender the guy from UGA was talking about, lol, but it's still really fun!!
Most people I meet really do love the sport so they don't mind helping out a bender like me, i'm sure the guys on your team will be eager to help you transition from roller to ice!
Was this your first year ever playing hockey in any format? I know you mentioned first for ice, but maybe you played roller. If it was your first year of hockey, I think it's really awesome that you decided to pick it up while you're in college. I know I'm going to need some help from the guys on my team, and I'm really glad to hear your teammates were so helpful. If you and I are willing to make the effort, why wouldn't they help! haha

blackcell is offline   Reply With Quote