View Single Post
Old
04-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Swervin81
Du-du-du-du-du-duel

vCash: 500
1st of all, fire TMac, the Detroit model hasn't worked for us (or for Detroit), and that model tends to suck the grit right out of the team. Unless we get enough speed, I wouldn't touch RW. Mike Keenan could be a risky 1 year "kick in the ass" experiment, although his system is outdated. The huge risk with that is that the ramifications of hiring him could potentially break up the team completely. Dallas Eakins of the Marlies is another guy I would recommend inquiring about. Probably the best non-NHL coach right now.

Another problem: Speed. We need to draft as much as we can. As much as Marleau is wearing me out, he and Havlat are the only speedy players on the team and there is no substitution for speed. I'd only trade him if another team overpays or gives us a couple of speedy top 6 prospects. I'd look to trading Boyle + 55th overall for a mid 1st and a couple of high-ceiling prospects. I love Boyle, but let's face it, he's getting older, and we need to try retooling on the fly, a la the Flyers (See, Burke? THIS is when you do it!). Get a head start to the inevitable rebuild.