View Single Post
Old
11-22-2003, 06:05 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
You know what, I agree. And Iím going to be a little pissy here because I don't agree with a lot of this entire thread.

I thought we played well. I didnít think we got outplayed, or at least not as bad as some are making it out to be. I think we made a few bonehead moves by everyone that led to the Anaheim goals. Their special teams on both ends were better than ours, thatís where they outplayed us (Ana: 2-4; Nvl: 2-8), but I think on ES we were about equal or better. Both goalies were shaky.

We had every opportunity in the world, plus some that had to have come from another planet and we just didnít take advantage of them all. To me, that doesnít mean we got outplayed. We got shots, but they didnít go in. But we did cash in on enough of them to get a damn win and we should be happy with the 2 points. We deserved to win this game. We started out well, panicked after falling behind, but fought back and got the 2 points. Our penalty kill should have been better and our PP should have had at least one or two more goals. But we have scored 2 PP goals a game in at least 3 or 4 of our last 5 games and our PK has been good, just a lucky break that Vokey went one way and Krog/puck the other.

Tootoo drew a penalty just from falling, not diving, not even getting touched; he just plain fell down. However, on the PP he stood right smack dab in front of Giggy, not to the side, not moving around. Right in front, NOT EVEN TOUCHED! Blame Anaheim PK for that Timonen goal. Now do you wonder why Tootoo was on the PP? I seem to remember one of our PKís when every time Anaheim tried to get into our zone, our sticks were on the ice to poke the puck away, Ducks could not even get into the zone. Tootoo made some hits, I saw him go across the ice and hit someone and I saw him hit Vishnovsky. I also saw Hamhuis take out a Duck.

Weíre not going to play perfect every ****ing game, thatís not our style and I think itís ridiculous to be calling for Trotz to be fired when we didnít even have the whole damn game played. We donít even know how a game is going to turn out and already people were ready to throw in the towel and mark it down as a loss. Yes Anaheim played very well, but so did we. We just played well enough to get a win.

Hopefully in the future people will watch a whole game before making a conclusion as to whether we will win or lose, regardless of how we are playing.

--------------------------------------------
On the pregame show they said Erat might sit out against San Jose (I guess itís wait and see how he feels) and that is why Pivko was called up, in case he couldnít go. And that it looked like Walker wouldnít be back until at least Colorado. Donít be surprised to see Mason in goal vs. SanJose.

Congrats to Hartnell on the goal. He deserved it after working so hard the last few games. Him and Erat have been great out there lately.

Great post.