View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust

vCash: 500
Funny thing about Bernier is his only regular season goal came against Clemmensen, and the Panthers, and so did his playoff goals. He was to Clemmensen what Versteeg was to Marty.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Parise. I love him as a player though sometimes has been known to say stupid things. He's got quite the ego too. The Devils were shut out by Islanders rookie Andres Nilsson in his first NHL start. In his post game interview he said the same thing about Nilsson as he did to Theodore.

''No disrespect to Nilsson, but we didn't really challenge him.'' In a sense Parise was right, because that day they didn't really challenge him. I personally thought Theodore's shutout was MUCH more deserving. Next weekend we go back to the Island, and they start Nilsson again. This time he was really challenged though. It took until a minute 30 seconds left in the game for us to score, and 33 shots or something as opposed to the 23 or whatever the week before. Clarkson got an opening between the post. Then we got a PP, and Zidlicky blasted a shot in with Nilsson screeened. The whole game I was wondering what Zach would say in the interview post game before we scored on him.

I give Theodore credit. We were shutout by Nilsson, Lundqvist, and Bryzgalov twice this season. Giguere, and the Avs too, but Marty shut them out, and we won in shootout.

The Devils went to longest in the league this year between shutouts against. From game 1 of the season against Bryz, and the Flyers to February 27th against Lundqvist, and the Rangers.

If you really want the Devils to get destroyed get a load of Bryzgalov's record against us this season. 0.29 GAA, 987% save percentage, 1 goal on 76 shots, 208 minutes of playing time, and 2 shutouts. Also came in for relief of Bobrovsky, and didn't give up a single goal. You'll feel pretty bad about the Devils chances facing that!

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote