Old
04-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It's based on a small sample.

If there's one reason why the Devils might have a legit shot in that series, it's because Bryzgalov sucks.

Pittsburgh exposed him as well except the Penguins forgot what defense and goaltending was in the process.

I think the Flyers are the better team but there's immense pressure for Flyers goalies in the playoffs and Bryzgalov has been inconsistent all year so that wouldn't really be my worry.

I'd be worried about Brodeur. I thought he was very average overall against the Panthers (although he saved his best for Game 7, apparently) and the Flyers offense is certainly better than the Panthers offense.
I think you gotta worry more about the Flyers offensive firepower. I can't say the Devils are the better team either I really can't.

I don't see why we can't score a couple softy's on Bryz even if we wind up giving up 10 goals to those guys.

Marty had a horrible first half of the season. I don't know if he was injured, but lots of weak, and soft goals. He did have one of the best second half numbers in the league among goaltenders. All of his shutouts for the season came then, and he had a 921 save percentage and a 2.05 GAA for the post ASB as opposed to the dreadful 894 save percentage, 2.77 GAA pre ASB.

He had a so so series here, but I liked his play tonight. Might have stolen us the game. None of the goaltenders were too bad in our series despite getting pulled, and bad save percentages in some games.

I can actually see Theodore becoming our goaltender in 2013 if he isn't re signed by the Panthers. It wouldn't surprise me. I would take him over Chokoun anyday. Nothing personal if you guys are fans of Tomas.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote