View Single Post
Old
11-22-2003, 06:53 AM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Your reply is the most ignorant reply I've read in some time.

Simply dismissing an opinion as ignorant without any rhyme or reason is the epitome of ignorance.

I'd discuss your points myself except you didn't actually make any. I made several. Which ones do you disagree with? Would you rather have the finesse forward over the stud blueliner? Do you belive Illya would have the same number of goals if he played for the Flyers or Wild? There was lots of room for you to make a point, you just decided not to.

And mind you, I voted for Illya. There's no doubt he's the better player right now.
There's no point in making them, I'm not going to change your mind. Read the 100 or so posts already, and you'll find out that Kovalchuk is nothing like Bure. Only people that don't actually watch him play assume that because he's Russian and skilled, he's like Bure. Kovalchuk has more heart as a 20 year old than Bure ever did. He's already worked to improve his defensive game. His goal is to be the best player in the league; not just one of the better players. He has ambitions that most players don't even care about; they just want their paycheck.

And don't fool yourself. You can't compare Pitkanen to Lidstrom until he actually plays for couple of season. Seriously. Does he have the potential? Sure. Is he there now? Not even close.

The problem with this is Kovalchuk has EVEN MORE TALENT and is ALREADY realizing this. Pitkanen is just on his way, and he doesn't even have as much talent. It's not even close.