View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

vCash: 500
God, I hope people don't start getting back into the attitudes they had in the late 90s that saw players like Jovonovski get so gunshy due to crowd disapproval that he had to be traded (we were lucky to land Bure in that).

Anyway - disappointed to see the final score this morning but not surprised. I went to bed after the first OT thinking New Jersey would likely win since they definitely had the advantage when it came to scoring a goal (more snipers). And I wanted payback for the 2000 drubbing the Panthers got at the hands of this same team.

At least the series was as close as can be in the end - Yahoo had a good breakdown of the season, including all regular season and playoff games the teams met 11 times. New Jersey won 6, the Panthers won 5 and the goals scored were 29-28. The team simply isn't that far behind the Devils and managed to come back and drag last night into a fifth period after coming back to drag game 6 into a 4th.

Some youth and high-end talent is coming into this team in the next year or two, and the Panthers will be crossing the threshhold from playoff also-ran to contender...and hopefully even that threshhold to becoming an elite team in the NHL. Fans need to be patient. This team is so far ahead of where it's been the last 10 years, how can you not be optimistic? Tallon is working magic.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote