Thread: Nordic league
View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 06:47 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Here's my opinion, and that is that Swedes in general are NOT all that interested in seeing Djurgården IF vs. Spartak Moscow etc. even if these teams would have better players. Why? Because in general, I think we're more interested in seeing the good old derbies, even if the players are just average Joe's with a salary of 10 000 SEK a month.

In regards of the economy of the KHL I'd love to see some transparency and numbers on sponsorship etc. Do you know of any sites/documents in English that display this?

I don't want sports to be about profit. I mean, c'mon... I don't want a greedy club owner to use a club as a way of making money. That's not what sports are about if you ask me. I want the club to be in the hands of the ones who love it, e.g. the supporters. Money doesn't mean a thing to me, it makes things easier, but as a whole it won't make me any happier. I want my club to stand for good values and ideals.
I dont say that "this" league has to work all clubs vs all clubs, I dont like it, I like derbies as well. Therefore I say about CHL model.. you dont like it, ok. How do you imagine Champions league? like soccer? I would prefer common play-off (KHL, SM-Liiga, Elitserien, DEL or so). I dont want inter-games during regaluar season.

It is about law.. russian law does not allow to publish players salary. European law is the same. Clubs are privite corporations, law does not allow them to publish financial situation, budgets. I would like to know it as well, but I am democrat, I respect rule of law. Is players salary in Sweden public info?
Follow KHL site and you get info you need. Of course in russian. I have also problem to get info from SM-Liiga, I can not speak finnish. It is my problem, not SM-Liiga´s. Today is meeting of KHL shareholders and owners of KHL clubs.

I support your idea about money. I prefer it among youth hockey, not senior one.

I dont pay by rubels

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote