View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Is reducing matches during regular season a good idea? what do you think? I look at J20 SuperElit schedule, swedes has also 46-50 games. What about CHL, Finns?
IMO the number of games is fine as it's the same (or even bit less) than CHL, J20 Superelit, USHL has... They should get rid of this play-out thing (with continuing the regular season for these clubs) and should rather make it like reverse play-off if they need that kind of thing... for bottom 8 teams to, say, in the series of best (worst) of 5 to decide 2 worst teams that leave the league....

I don't think people cared much about this play-out... it was just another bunch of games, usually even played without foreigners who were already back home (like both Dašutins from MVD and Bukarts from Latvia didn't play in these games...).

Also I don't know about this relegation thing as IMHO MHL-B level is much lower than MHL level at the moment so there's not much sense in it... Maybe MHL B level will increase with time but seeing how Dinamo Riga uses MHL B team as the farm club of HK Riga and other KHL teams probably do the same, I don't know....