View Single Post
04-27-2012, 09:05 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JMROWE View Post
Copps Coliseum can be easly & quickly upgraded in a matter of months & with posible comfimation of Katz & AEG, takking over Copps Coliseum tomorrow Quebec City & Hamilton are clearly at the ahead of the line .

I would not be surprised if Hamilton has contractors on there speed dail ready to move in & start renovating Copps Coliseum at moments notice .
You keep insisting on this, JM. I appreciate that you are a chief cheerleader here for the hammer (and I'd love it too) but I have a sense that you are underestimating the time and downtown disruption necessary to renovate the arena, and overestimating the final result.

Besides, I suggest that no matter what sort or extent of renovations to Copps, it will still be a second rate NHL arena. A coat of paint on a narrow hallway is still just a coat of paint on a narrow hallway and unless there are plans to raise the roof, there is a finite space inside the seating area that can only result in a ring of boxes being crammed in over existing seats.

GuelphStormer is offline   Reply With Quote