Old
04-27-2012, 09:30 AM
microbrien
Pastafarian

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to microbrien
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I don`t think mental toughness is/was a factor, too many players on this team who were part of the Cup winning team that I just won`t buy weren`t mentally tough, I think the will was there but the bodies just couldn`t keep up, everyone looked exhausted, not like the B`s we were used to seeing.

Been 14 years since a team has repeated, and I read no Cup winning team has made it outta the 2nd round the following year for a long time too......fatigue had to play a role too.

Even with all these factors, this team had many chances to put the Caps away and didn`t, won`t change my opinion that had this team moved onward, their chances with all these injuries would have been minimal at best to get into the Semi`s.

The early exit is no reason for Chia to blow it up, which I`d be shocked if he did, not really his style/approach.
It sucks, but I think the further away from this loss we get, we'll focus less on the disappointment and begin appreciating that the team has a nice, long summer to rest, heal up, and recover.

The more I think about a 100% healthy and rested rostor to start 2012-2013, the more excited I get.

It would be different if they hadn't won the cup last year, but they did. I think a more complete off-season this year is way more conducive to this team staying elite for the next 5-10 years than getting to the second round and getting run-over by a healthier, more rested team.