View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Normally I wouldn't care too much about something like this, but this guy is supposed to be one of our very top prospects, and I really haven't seen any improvement from him over his 3 year NCAA career so far. I'm sure there's some way of explaining how age and experience MUST mean that he's technically "better" now, but I see now basically the same thing I saw starting out the '09/10 NCAA season. Granted, he was pretty damn good going in, but I expect to see a fair amount of development between ages 18-21. He still looks like an interesting prospect more than a potential roster player (watch an NHL game, then watch an NCAA game to get an appreciation for timing/speed/traffic differences for example), to me anyway. So one more year down there seems like a bigger "waste" (or developmental stall) than most cases I'm used to discussing, especially given that he's an offensively talented forward, and not a defensive defenseman (makes a difference developmentally with respect to time/experience).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote