View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
I'm vexed fellas

Need some help from my fellow brothers as this simply doesn't compute. I know the Cap fan base is excited as well they should be for knocking off the defending champs. They are very and I mean VERY confident that they will knock us off as well most say in 5 or 6 which is fine as delusional as that may be but that's what homerism will do for you. Obviously we are truly getting dissrespected by the Cap fan base...bigtime...that's a fact. Here's the thing that startles me. I keep reading that Holtby due to his nice play in the Bruins series is Hank's equal and will neutralize Lundqvist's effect on the series. I kid you not. If I've read that 40 times, I must have read that over 100 by now.

Maybe I'm missing something here but IMO, that is exactly our biggest advantage...between the pipes. Offense,defense and special teams..sure they are important and we need to make sure we match their intensity which I think we undoubtadly will . But this is not Ken Dryden circa '1971 we are talking about here with this kid Holtby. Kid had a real nice series I give him credit. Last time I recall though a rookie leading his team really deep in the playoffs was Cam Ward for Carolina during their Cup run.

Anyways, Holtby is not even in the same galaxy as Hank and it's kind of laugh out loud funny that Cap fans think their kid is going to match Hank and they are actually banking on that happening...I think they are going to be very dissapointed. Heck even in their own game day threads I perused in games 6 & 7 alot of them were saying how shaky he started too look and how lucky he got on missplays of his. I don't know fellas, I think this is where the series is won...between the pipes. And like I said unless I'm missing something we have a HUGE advantage there.

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote