View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 01:45 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddysPub View Post
Caps fan in peace. I can't hate the Rangers; my whole family is from NY and are huge Ranger fans. I think Torts is a smug ***** but that's besides the point. I was hoping for someone else that way I could still cheer for the Blueshirts. **** happens.

I think this is going to be an awesome series and I'm pumped to see it unfold. A few points to address some stuff I've read on here.

1. The confidence of the Caps fans comes just as much, if not more, from how we're playing than playing against the Rangers. Never before have we seen the Caps play committed, team defense. There is still a lot of respect on our side for the #1 seed in the EC.
2. Nobody on your team comes close to Chara/Seidenberg. I watch a ton of Rangers hockey and I think you guys have better depth than the B's, but to say Staal/MDZ/McD/Girardi are on the same level as Chara/Seidenberg is homerism. Chara/Seidenberg are the elite shutdown pair in the NHL.
3. Holtby was outstanding in the series, but he was helped a lot by our team. The majority of the Bruins shots were from the outside. Our team did a great job of keeping the shooting lanes clear so Holtby could see the shots, and they did an outstanding job at nullifying 2nd/3rd chance opportunities by clearing the crease.
4. I'm very interested to see how Ovie does this series. He still led our team in points last series and he was his normal self throwing the body around. Dale decided to place him on a line with Laich and Brouwer as a decoy and let Backstrom/Semin/MoJo take Boston's 2nd pair. Will be interested to see if he adjusts this series.
5. Will Boyle be back? I have nightmares of seeing Boyle/Crider against Wideman and Schultz.

Good luck to you guys. Should be fun.
Except for the fact that Staal, Girardi and McDonagh are all significantly better then Seidenberg.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote