View Single Post
Old
11-22-2003, 09:13 AM
oildrop

vCash: 500
Hate to talk about Comrie today but...

I hate to mention Comrie on a day like today but their are more rumours out of L.A regarding Comrie. Here is what I found over at Spector's rumours...

THE LATEST ON MIKE COMRIE.

LOS ANGELES DAILY NEWS: Matt McHale reported yesterday that Edmonton Oiler holdout Mike Comrie and LA Kings center Michael Cammalleri were teammates at the University of Michigan. Speculation persists the Kings may be trying to land Comrie, given the plethora of injuries to their key centers (Jason Allison, Josef Stumpel and Derek Armstrong). Cammalleri, who's name was mentioned as potential trade bait for Comrie, was recently recalled from the minors to fill in at center. McHale suggests the Kings may keep Cammalleri if they do pursue a deal for Comrie.

Spector's Note: My thanks to "Word". McHale also reports the Thrashers are considered frontrunners, but if they're not going to part with their promising prospects it's unlikely they'll get Comrie. The Kings, on the other hand, might still have a chance as a player like Alexander Frolov or defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky might interest the Oilers.