View Single Post
Old
03-16-2006, 05:32 AM
priceperlb*

vCash: 500
I didn't say they sucked. I said they didn't rock anything. The **** they were doing was Forsberg to Gagne, Forsberg to Gagne, Forsberg to Gagne, Forsberg to Knuble, Richardson shorthanded! Their D sucked and that's what put them in so many one goal game situations. They were the best team of all the teams trying to find themselves after a 2 year layoff. They've been greatly surpassed since. In fact when they were at or near the top they were never mentioned as one of the hottest teams. Kind of funny isn't it?

If I say how bad I think Hatcher is somebody will tell me he's been the best defensemen. The defense has sucked and they've been major contributors. Rathje wasn't solely paired with Pitkanen and KJ's game suffered horribly when paired with those two, whether it was 5 on 5 or special teams. I dismiss his play because I've seen it. I don't care what stats you put up, I'm sure I or someone could find stats to prove the opposite. Doesn't change what I've seen. +/- shows he was on the ice when the Flyers scored. I've seen him do absolutely nothing because he couldn't get anywhere near the play and the Flyers scored, and like I said before a lot of PK goals were scored against and they don't affect +/-.

The PK in fact got dramatically better when Kapanen returned. Unfortunately with more injuries since it has dropped again. Rathje and Hatcher have been a big part of that. Your best players are supposed to be the best players. That's why they were brought here and they have not lived up to it. They may be okay, they may be solid in some sense, MAYBE, but they are supposed to be big time contributors. Hopefully they step up in the playoffs. Right now? They help make the Flyers D fuggin' horrible.