View Single Post
Old
03-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Killer Carlson

vCash: 500
I totally agree that it is time to move on. I appreciated him while he was here, but as Joe C. noted above, we're moving towards a different type of team.

HOWEVER, does anyone else get those "Orange and Blue Review" emails from NYI.com? They sent one yesterday and this part was very interesting to me...

Quote:

MARK OF GREATNESS
The Islanders did a magnificent job maximizing top value (Grade A prospects Denis Grebeshkov and Jeff Tambellini, plus a potential third round pick) for unrestricted free agent Mark Parrish. Nevertheless, it's never easy to say goodbye to a class act like Parrish, a very good NHL player who always came off as the kid next door who treated everyone like a friend. For the next two months we'll turn on our Center Ice TV package for the late games and root for Mark. We'd also like the believe to door is always open on both sides because Parrish liked Long Island and the feeling was certainly mutual.

Seemed a bit odd to me that they would make that last statement...almost like it was part of an effort by the team to let him know that we are interested in bringing him back for next season.