Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Hamrlik ($3.6M)/ Parrish ($2.3M)

for

Hainsey (< $1.1M)/ Souray ($1.6M)
Very generous offer talent wise. In that regard, the Habs get the upper hand. I've always liked Hamrlik a lot. The problem I see with it however is Hamrlik's age. With a possible year of lock-out looming and the fact that Montreal won't be competitive for at least 1-2 more years, Hamrlik could very well pack his things and leave as a UFA just when the franchise is starting to turn things around. That sole factor makes it much less attractive for the Habs who are still in rebuilding mode. So Souray fits the bill more than Hamrlik at 26yo.

I'd still be interested talking about Parrish though. Young enough so that he could grow alongside the other youngsters in the team and a good goalscorer. However, I'm not sure Gainey would be ready to pay a hefty price for him as his leitmotif since he's become GM of the organization seems to be size. He's repeated more than once that the Habs were too small as a team and need to get bigger up front. Still, Parrish could fill a need no doubt in my mind.