View Single Post
Old
11-22-2003, 08:25 AM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Listen, you need to stop calling people ignorant regardless. You're points are not so mind-blowingly complete as to afford you the luxury of name calling. And you don't use "I'm not going to change your mind" as an excuse for that garbage either. If you don't want to discuss anything don't resort to such garbage either.
I suggest you do the same (as per example in your original response), or else you sound hypocritical (of which I wouldn't be surprised).

Why rant on about a debate that has been discussed over and over again, to prove it to somebody else? If you want it proven so bad, just look at the archives; that's what they are there for.

Your basing your "Bure-like" Kovalchuk on one game against Philly this year. Judging a player on one game... hmm, interesting. There have been a couple of times this year in games where Pitkanen has coughed up the puck repeatedly and just flat sucked (not many, mind you), but what if that was the "only" game of the Flyers I happened to catch? I could say that Pitkanen sucks ass, look at the way he played.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. I've also been browsing these forums for years, albeit not one to post a lot. Whether you believe it or not, you have a tendency to get very emotional. Just relax. Calling your post ignorant doesn't mean that I think you are ignorant.

It's just I don't think you have seen Kovalchuk to know that he has a lot more talent, just pure talent, than Pitkanen. And that's saying a LOT. Combine this talent with his desire, and you have the makings of a TRULY great player. Is he there yet? No, of course not, he's only 20... same age as Pitkanen I might add. If Pitkanen turns out to be half as good as Lidstrom, I'd be thrilled. But Kovalchuk isn't even close to untapping his potential, and is pretty much already a 40 goal scorer. At 20, in these times, that's amazing. Not to mention, he's well on his way to learning the defensive side of the game too (not saying he's good at it yet). I'm not saying he's ever going to be a Selke candidate; in fact, I think in modern days, 2 way players have a tendency to be overrated. You can teach defense, you can't teach offense.