View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Rangers1985

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishMeatballs1990 View Post
That's mostly non-caps fans that jumped on the bandwagon to start the postseason. But too be completely honest, the King was not his stellar self last year, as he was last series. The Caps also have more snipers than the Sens (OV, Backstrom, Semin up front and Wideman, Green, Carlson in the back compared to Spezza, Alfredsson and Karlsson, Gonchar... I think Michalek is good but just not too sold on him) which help since they can pick corners with Lundqvist playing so deep (this is why Semin seems to kill him).

And yeah you guys do have Richards, Gaborik (if he shows up) as well as Callahan. Not even mentioning Kreider and Hagelin, but Dubinsky and Anisimov don't look as good as last year (especially Duby). Overall the offense clearly looks better but I'm still kinda shocked you guts scored more last year.

The Caps do have a healthy Green, healthy Backstrom and healthy Wideman compared to last year though. And Johansson and Chimera have taken huge strides the whole year and Ovechkin at a 50g pace and Semin playing at a PPG the last few months, as well as Brouwer and Ward and Hamrlik (who is 10x better with Green than Schultz who BTW might play... WTF!!!!!) and they made some nice progress as well.
I dont understand this.

He was injured last year and this year he has 3 points so far, which is just about on par with almost every other star in the playoffs.

Caps have the better talent but Ottawa also has a good offense. 4th in goals this year. Michalek scored 35 this season and hes a big threat whenever hes on the ice. He was very dangerous at times in the series.

Thankfully Dubinsky and Anisimov are on the third line, which says a lot more about our offense these days than previous times.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote