View Single Post
Old
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I'll say one thing, if Dubi is going to find his game he is going to find it playing center. Looks far more comfortable as a pivot than as a wing(especially in his own end).

Still I think he gets moved cause I think 4.5m for a 3rd line center is much. But I think he should probably be in that role more than Boyle atm.
I think it's more to do with line-mates than position, TBH. Dubinsky's rough start has been in his head all year. When he's been playing with top players, regardless of position, he's been too f-ing deferential. He looks pass at every opportunity. His best hockey this season has been when he's been playing with the grinders (Boyle, Prust et al). He doesn't defer to them, which means he shoots more and drives to the net.

Like I said--He's not back yet, but I've seen some very encouraging signs (a few times when he drove to the net with the puck, crashing for rebounds, etc). I definitely think he has to be at center until Boyle gets back. Boyle, Dubi and Richards are the only three guys capable of regularly winning draws, and Richards is often streaky with it. Once Boyle is back though, I'd like to see Dubi on his wing (as there is no reason to mess with the top two lines right now).

Hagelin/Richards/Gaborik
Kreider/Stepan/Callahan
Dubinsky/Boyle/Prust
Feds/Anisimov/Rupp

I really like the looks of those lines going forward (though I am starting to worry about the long-term prospects of AA. He's still young, but he needs to find a physical element to his game or figure out how to be a full-time wing).

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote