03-16-2006, 10:03 AM
7:11 of OT
Call my Monkey Butch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16
i know, i know.... every game is a MUST WIN

but this one fits that bill moreso than others for two reasons:
1. our competition ALL are playing upper escelon teams (buffalo, carolina, ottawa). a win should result in a gain over everyone
2. we need this game for our psyche' and confidence. the youngsters need to prove to themselves that they can win without zhitnik and asham.
I agree with you about 98%. Z will be tough to replace, if not with his solid D, then just with his time on the ice. We really need Bruno to play with confidence, Grebs to continue to impress and Campoli to keep his game simple and under control. Where I don't agree is about missing Ash. Don't get me wrong, when he is on his game I love what he brings to the team. The problem is that he has been invisible for many games, and has been able to do nothing with Yashin on his line. Bergie will do a nice job on that line, and this is an opportunity for Collitton to show what he can do for this season and next. If he brings energy and excitement, it is an upgrade over a healthy Asham at this point.

Should be a close game as both teams are hot. I'll shoot for a 3-1 win as the Isles have been playing with confidence and the Thrashers can be beaten.