View Single Post
Old
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
It's kinda a really silly discussion to me. At this point, in the second round, no one should underestimate any team. The first round is the hardest test. After that, for all intents and purposes, all teams are equal in their own way. I think each team, in any given series, could win that series. I think each team, if looked upon by an opponent, would be able to have strong things said about parts of their game that make the opponents fans worry a bit. Each team at this point should have enough good things to say about them that this exact thread could be started on any given board.

On any given day in any given series, all of Washington, Philly, and the Debbies could beat us... Or we could beat them...

But I like our resolve and resilience. I LOVE what I see out of Hags an Kreider and can't wait to see more. Hockey fate will decide if we are worthy. But I see no reason why we can't be. What I do know is that we'll give it our all, and give whoever the heck is playing us from here on out one hell of a battle.

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention... We've got Lundqvist...
It's not really about underestimating Wash.

We all knew going into the playoffs, Wash would be a tough opponent. We all wanted anyone other than them in the first round. So it's not so much of underestimating them as it is,.... they might be even a tougher opponent than they already are for us.

One thing very noticeable in these playoffs is the fact, we have not changed our game one bit. We have been playing playoff hockey all year. Not so with other teams. They are playing better than they did during the regular season.

This is gonna be a tough series for us. And it could be a short one if we are not careful. They have a hot goalie, good D, and some offensive punch. Sound familiar?

Tort's said about the past series against Ottawa that it wasn't about outworking the other team, it was about scoring key goals at key times. That might be true in that series, but it's imperative we out work the Caps if we are to have any chance.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote