View Single Post
Old
03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I don't think it's going to hurt him.

I think if anything it made him more aware and prepared for the pro game.

The thing with development is that you don't have to let a kid run loose at 18 or 19 to develop him. What you need is to assign a set role and work with him on the pro game, which they did.

Now obviously I'd like to have seen him get the green light a bit more, but I honestly don't think it's really going to hurt him.

If he doesn't develop it will be because he doesn't develop. I just hope no one starts thinking that he was somehow ruined.
Gaining experience is the best way you can develop, not by sitting on the bench and being aware. Did he get that playing time in key situations? I doubt it. He got mostly PK time and some ES time. I don't think they ruined him...but I also don't think they did him any favors.

When they gave him 16-18 minutes of playing time early in the season and after he got back from the WJs that was when he was getting his points. Im disappointed to say the least. But that is how they do things in Finland like one of our posters pointed out, the team doesn't really change over years and they have a set roster and lines so its hard to move around to a better line...especially for a 19 year old.