View Single Post
Old
03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
kovalev27hf

vCash: 500
listen i've been a goalie my whole life at every level other than the pros, you've got to know how to skate so if your just learning how to skate goaltending probably isn't for you unless your planning on playing dek hockey. if your still determined to be a goalie than at your age and ability i wouldn't worry to much about learning how to be a butterfly goalie or anything like that. i'd mainly work on my angles more than anything. if your skating and ability isn't really there, then against the competition your probably facing a big guy that knows his angles well can stop alot of pucks. even if he isn't the best athlete technically or physically. take up as much of the net as you can and if they beat you to a corner than just learn to live with it. you'll stop more pucks than you'll let in working on that more than anything else you could do at this stage of your life. my advice, learn how to skate, and learn the game play forward for awhile then if you still wnat to, get in the net. don't buy used stuff on ebay because you can get new stuff for just as cheap decent stuff over at places like goaliemonkey.com. they've got some great sets of pads for under $300 dollars. good luck and just have fun at this point.