View Single Post
Old
03-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
York is not a true center, and Nokeleinen is too inexperienced to be a go-to guy in clutch situations (although he should get there one day). Smith doesn't belong in the NHL in a regular role.

I'm not big on the idea of signing a Chara or Redden type. We have too many big contract as it is. If I had to tie up six million, I'd rather spend it on two lessor guys.
Hey, I think you and I are on the exact same page as far as off-season moves/priorities. That's good news.

I'm looking for modest moves this off-season. Less is more.

Add one stabilizing, cost-effective vet on the backline (e.g., Carney or Salei).

Let the kid wingers continue to develop, let Nokie/Collition (re)earn a roster spot as a #4 pivot (to start out next season, with Bates as your #3 center)....and then figure out what you wish to do about your top two center spots.

Regardless of whether Yashin stays or goes, I agree that a veteran upgrade at center is needed (as well as a lefty shot), via trade or UFA. That would mean moving York to his best spot, left wing...which in turn, creates some excess for possible trade options.

Then go from there, and let your roster mature together.

Should be interesting.

Talk of lines for next year is fruitless, IMO. We've seen things change, regularly. While it would be nice to have some stability, its premature to put any combos in concrete.

Will never hear a bad word about Mark Parrish from me. Solid, "honest" player, who came to the rink to play every night. Dependable, albeit not a star.

But it was time. The trade made sense for multiple reasons, already discussed. I like the new, quicker version of NYI.

Last edited by Trottier: 03-16-2006 at 02:37 PM.