End of Season Wrap - Team 1200 (1:30-3:30)
View Single Post
04-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Missed some of this.
- feels team should still be playing today.
- type of team this year was fun to be around.
- all players he met with said it was a good, fun, enthusiastic group.
- team the fans enjoyed.
- fans like effort and energy.
- thanks Melnyk for giving time for rebuild.
- big decisions were made because Melnyk believed in it.
- expectations are different, more challenging.
- recognize scouting staff for trades and draft picks.
- thanks leadership group for job they did.
- hopes to have some RFAs done over the next month.
- no timetable given to Alfie.
- not worried about Karlsson contract: "We'll get him signed."
- team needs a defensive defenseman for sure.
- wants a 20-25 goal scorer for that Alfie-Turris line.
- hopes Foligno can be that guy.
- Spezza had a good, productive year.
- Spezza: important reason team made the playoffs.
- harder for skill guy to make impact in playoffs.
- has no thoughts on future captain, basically doesn't want to talk about it.
- Swedish federation has to insure EK if he wants to go to WC.
- has never discouraged a player to go to the Worlds.
- won't automatically qualify every RFA
- Pierre Dorion and his staff do great job, don't get enough credit.
- seeing kids go through Binghamton Calder Cup to first year in NHL is gratifying.
- going to be young in some spots next year, but will be a better team going forward.
- told players they better come to camp in top shape, because there will be real competition.
- doesn't expect to be a cap ceiling team.
- doesn't know where things are CBA-wise.
- going about business as normal (get used to that phrase from all GMs)
- credit to scouts for Turris.
- Turris: very good, intelligent player
- Turris: more strength and more balance = better player.
- Turris and Bishop were positive moves.
- message to Robin Lehner: have a great summer, work hard, come to camp to compete.
- Lehner asked about Bishop's one-way contract.
- Lehner: no question he's a top end prospect.
- fans have told him he should be proud of the team.
- conscious of Tampa Bay effect ie.: playoffs one year, big step back year after.
- enough support from leadership group to make sure fall back doesn't happen.
View Public Profile
Visit littleD's homepage!
Find More Posts by littleD