View Single Post
Old
04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
I would expect that he would be joining the team. Whether he's inserted into the lineup is another question.

I would be very disappointed if he can't crack the AHL at this point. He's already 20 years old. He's a top-10 pick two years after the draft. Being unable to play quality AHL hockey at this point would be a terrible sign.

Anyone who read my posts knows that I am always careful with making phenomenal projections or to claim that someone should be making it quickly. This is particularly true for projects like McIlrath.

But we aren't talking about him getting a top-4 role for the Rangers. We are talking about him earning a spot in the minor leagues. At this stage, he has to do it or we are dealing with another Jessiman.

That said, I have every confidence that he has the ability to make it. Someone who can be a top-end player in Traverse is usually able to play AHL hockey. Not always, but usually they are. He was a top-end player in Traverse a full season ago. You have to figure he's shown some improvement since then, which every report says he has. He was certainly very, very good in the WHL playoffs.

I think he's capable of not just cracking the AHL, but being a quality contributor.