View Single Post
Old
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Franchise13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
I like both the Clowe (to TOR) and either of the deals for Pavelski. I'd also wouldn't mind trading Marleau (if he waives) and Boyle.
We'd really be able to accelerate a rebuild doing that. It'd be much bolder than what Holmgren did, too.

I know it's painful for some fans, who want minor tweaks to think about, but to me, it would overhaul the team in such a way that we'd become contenders (again) pretty quickly after the 2014 season and who knows, maybe with lower expectations over the next 2 seasons, the team surprises.

Right now, it just seems that there's way too much pressure on this current team and they lack the mental toughness to withstand it. As a result, they don't play as well as they can. The only way to ease up on the pressure significantly is through a significant rebuild.
Dealing Marleau instead of Pavs probably allows us to keep Boyle. I love Boyle, so... yeah. Boyle probably has the rarer skillset, would hate to lose his fiery demeanor. The extended offseason probably does him some good.

With that said, if we can get Hagelin+ for him, I'd be ok with that.

Small attempt at 3 way trade framework:

Wash: Marleau - They'd probably require more to part with Alzner, not sure what their D prospects look like. Maybe add Demers here?

Edmonton: Alzner, SJ 1st -14 spot drop to get a better D man than they would get. Ready now. Maybe add Clowe here?

SJ: #1 overall- Yakupov -Self explanatory. Don't think Yakupov is generational, so I doubt his value is that astronomical.

Franchise13 is offline   Reply With Quote