Old
04-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I would be very disappointed if he can't crack the AHL at this point. He's already 20 years old. He's a top-10 pick two years after the draft. Being unable to play quality AHL hockey at this point would be a terrible sign.

Anyone who read my posts knows that I am always careful with making phenomenal projections or to claim that someone should be making it quickly. This is particularly true for projects like McIlrath.

But we aren't talking about him getting a top-4 role for the Rangers. We are talking about him earning a spot in the minor leagues. At this stage, he has to do it or we are dealing with another Jessiman.

That said, I have every confidence that he has the ability to make it. Someone who can be a top-end player in Traverse is usually able to play AHL hockey. Not always, but usually they are. He was a top-end player in Traverse a full season ago. You have to figure he's shown some improvement since then, which every report says he has. He was certainly very, very good in the WHL playoffs.

I think he's capable of not just cracking the AHL, but being a quality contributor.
I agree. That's not what I meant. Unless the NYR brass commands Gernander to put him in, he has to figure out which one of his defenseman, who have been together for awhile and are getting ready for a big series against a great team, to sit. I think the likely person to sit would be Jared Nightingale. I hope it happens. Nighty's only purpose is fighting and that doesn't happen much in the playoffs.

Last edited by Jarkko Immonen: 04-28-2012 at 03:50 PM.