View Single Post
Old
04-28-2012, 06:05 PM
overpass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I don't think the second one is arguable. Francis is basically Joe Primeau with more longevity IMO, but Shutt is nowhere near the offensive force that Busher Jackson was in his (relatively short) prime.
I basically agree, just don't want to overstate my certainty.

You could argue that every member of Australia's first line had better linemates at their peak than they do in the ATD.

Shutt: Lemaire-Lafleur vs Francis-Conacher
Francis: Nedved-Jagr vs Shutt-Conacher
Conacher: Jackson-Primeau vs Shutt-Francis

You see this with players from the 50s Canadiens a lot, and other dynasty lines to a lesser extent.

Actually, you might be able to say the same about both of Inglewood's top two lines. Inglewood has reunited two C-RW combos that were each other's best linemates IRL. So is Gretzky-Kurri better off with Watson than they were with Tikkanen? Is Northcott a better LW than Andreychuk for the Lafontaine-Mogilny duo? But certainly neither Watson or Northcott ever played with offensive players of the calibre that they are paired with now.

Edit: Just realized all of Australia's second line forwards arguably had better linemates IRL than here (Lewis-Barry-Aurie, Shanahan-Fedorov-Yzerman, Barber-Clarke-Leach.) So maybe it's not so uncommon.

Last edited by overpass: 04-28-2012 at 06:11 PM.
overpass is offline   Reply With Quote