View Single Post
Old
04-28-2012, 07:24 PM
StalockSuperfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I'd love to deal Pavs for Palmieri and the 1st. That would be a tremendous deal.
I would too, but we'd have to add. Pavelski and Hamilton maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
I like both the Clowe (to TOR) and either of the deals for Pavelski. I'd also wouldn't mind trading Marleau (if he waives) and Boyle.
We'd really be able to accelerate a rebuild doing that. It'd be much bolder than what Holmgren did, too.
If you're going to go that far, you might as well trade Thornton too. If you're going to trade Marleau, Boyle and Clowe/Pavelski, we probably aren't contending for the cup in the next couple years. I know everyone's drooling over "the Philly model" but Richards and Carter were big name 26 year old players. Plus they have Giroux. We may get a similar return for Pavelski, but not even close for Marleau and Boyle. We'd get some nice futures, but not a Couturier, a Schenn, a Voracek, and a Simmonds. Philly caught lightning in a bottle this summer. We will not get those types of returns.

If you're going to trade Marleau, Boyle, Clowe/Pavelski and keep Thornton, then by the time we're ready to contend again, Joe is 36/37 and it's too late. If we're going that far, just do it all the way. Either full rebuild or minor tweaks. I really don't see much in between, given the ages and contracts of our tradable assets.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote