View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 02:13 AM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They could move Richardson up with Stoll and Lewis and limit Toffoli's ice time with Fraser and Nolan, and they could also double shift some of the top six forwards on the fourth line whenever necessary, a strategy a lot of coaches employ.
You could... But you also have to think about the future. We want to groom Toffoli to be the next Kings sniper. We don't want to match him up against other 4th lines in arguably the most physical time of the NHL season and get crunched and ruin his confidence. Not trying to question his mental toughness but it might not be worth it. I mean Clifford is clearly more mentally and physically tougher then Tyler and not to long ago Clifford got zipped in a fight and he hasn't been the same fighter since. So there are a lot of variables that Coach and GM need to consider.

If we were to throw in Toffoli it would need to be between Kopitar and Brown or Richards and Carter where he had a much larger chance of success.

I don't think we will need to worry about it. I think Clifford will be fit for the next game. And at the same time I don't think King is going to get suspended.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote