View Single Post
Old
04-29-2012, 05:19 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Gotta disagree on three guys. Jovo was solid througout the seven games, very physical reminding me of the young Jovo, and his leadership was evident on the ice and believe me off the ice as well. He is a very important part of this team. Guds is a star in the making and played very well, moreso when he had more important minutes as Garrison was out. Any dman over the course of the season or a playoff series will have breakdowns but they were both consistent and solid. Even Campbell, who most panthers fans think is the second coming of Bobby Orr, was beaten defensively and made some questionable decisions for him. For example, the second goal in game seven he was outhustled and outmuscled by a four foot tall gionta on a goal that was all him. He was probably tired from playing so many minutes, but as good as he is and he has been great for us, he has also had his moments. And Mattias is very young and as a big strong skater he is an ideal third or fourth line center, he will not be a scoring line center people want him to be but he is so strong on the puck and does a lot of the little things, such as his board play leading to the second goal in game five.
Jovo is the worst decision maker we have in his own zone. Just isn't a very reliable Defensive player. Physical yes, but going forward, his leadership doesn't outweigh his flaws.

Matthias is inept. Great skater and thats about as complimentary as you can be. Absolutely useless in the Offensize zone, especially if can't use his speed. He's not bad defensively.

Gudbranson is a good hockey player in the making. He was a little unreliable late in Game 7, but that should be expected. I still haven't seen any evidence to suggest he's likely projects into a two way all star defenseman, and there are various U-22 D in the league i'd take over him, but he will be a good player for many years.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote